[dns-operations] Odd EDNS implementation bug

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu May 27 15:43:36 UTC 2010

On May 27 2010, Geoffrey Sisson wrote:

>Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
[...]
>> If you play around with the edns buffer size you will see it change
>> in the response to match that of the query.
>
>Yup, that seems to confirm your suspicion that they're simply appending.
>I thought they might just be serializing the RRs incorrectly.

Similarly, if you try e.g.

  dig +norec +qr +dnssec +buf=999 cpe-75-81-112-75.kc.res.rr.com. @65.24.6.70

you can see it copy the DO flag in the query back to you.

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,