[dns-operations] Missing .us and GTLD records??

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Wed May 19 21:40:04 UTC 2010

On 5/19/10 2:27 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:

> In message<Pine.LNX.4.64.1005191437470.19736 at server1.hal22.net>, Luis Uribarri
>   writes:
>>
>> This is sort of like the chicken vs. the egg thing.
>>
>> My cruddy little DSL line does not have IPv6 transport, and it probably
>> will not have IPv6 transport for many many years, (if at all).
>
> You could turn IPv6 on today if you want to.  My cable line doesn't have
> IPv6 native but I've had IPv6 for the last 7 years. It's do able and it
> works well.

+1, and you can easily do it with one of the free IPv6 tunnel brokers.

Luis Uribarri wrote:

> I know it will be a very very long time before I (and the majority of the internet) can talk IPv6 natively. Is our punishment for that to be cut off from "J".

Since IPv6 tunnels are easy and free, I'd say the answer is probably
"yes."  Besides, it seems that there is sufficient redundancy among the
authoritative servers that have IPv4 connectivity that this shouldn't
really be an issue.

michael