[dns-operations] How much trouble am in in on May 5?

David Ulevitch david at ulevitch.com
Tue May 4 05:30:29 UTC 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 7:53 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

>  Until you do this resolvers will just treat your zone
> as being insecure.

Time will tell if using DNSSEC makes your zone more secure. We don't
know the answer to that one yet.  We know the current DNS security
model is weak.

For the vast majority of Internet users, May 5th is a day signifying
nothing. For DNSSEC enabled users, it's a day that marks the removal
of one of the few remaining hurdles on the road towards having a means
of validating and verifying DNS responses.