[dns-operations] we may finally have a dnssec use case ; -) Re: Odd behaviour of DNS queries in PRC (facebook, youtube & twitter)

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Mar 29 13:57:40 UTC 2010

On Mar 29, 2010, at 8:48 PM, George Barwood wrote:

> There are (at least) 3 aspects to security: Availibility, Privacy and Authentication.

More like Confidentiality, Integrity, and Authentication.

> Securing the transmission channel has many security benefits, in particular it stops various denial of service attacks, of which this is an interesting example.

No, it doesn't, and no, it isn't, at least not directly; the *second-order effect* is of a DoS nature, but this is an instance in which integrity would end up ensuring availability.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken