[dns-operations] Signing of the ARPA zone

Andreas S. Kerber ask at ag-trek.de
Thu Mar 25 16:48:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 09:16:36AM -0700, Michael Graff wrote:
> > I actually half expected this to happen
> I didn't.  If this is widespread, I will pull arpa from dlv for now.

For us "something" started at 23:30 CET, resulting in more queries of type PTR and DNSKEY on our two authoritative servers. The problematic resolver was very sluggish and showed much more recursing clients than usual. I haven't had much this workday to even finding there is a problem at all, so I don't think it's necessary to pull it from the dlv.

I've flushed the cache of the resolver and the query load dropped to normal level immediatly. Heres a graph (from on of our authoritiative servers). Maybe though this has nothing to do with signing of arpa. at all - I simply haven't had time to debug this harder.

http://hilfe.idkom.de/queries-2010-03-25.png

Andreas Kerber