[dns-operations] Odd behaviour on one node in I root-server (facebook, youtube & twitter)

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed Mar 24 23:00:48 UTC 2010

this is not particularly odd or even unknown.  although many might have forgotten.
This particular topic (China running copies of root DNS service inside China and
the occasional leaking occuring) was discussed at some length at the Paris IETF
years ago and confirmed by the Chinese.

The (fairly) recent move by Google to HK was responded to by the Chinese and we may
be seeing collateral damage here.

--bill