[dns-operations] requirements for TLD servers

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Mar 22 23:14:28 UTC 2010

On 22 Mar 2010, at 16:43, Alexander Mayrhofer wrote:

> Have you looked at the new gTLD documents yet?

Not the version you referenced Alex. [I've long given up tracking the
twists and turns of ICANN's plans for new gTLDs.] The latest specs are
an improvement on the *current* gTLD SLAs. But it looks like there was
a cut and paste job where the stuff that was in the current contracts
got chopped out and something new was dropped in. I wonder where these
new specifications came from (SSAC?) and the rationale behind them.

The result of a search on the ICANN web site which includes "new
gTLDs" is like drinking from a firehose. Sigh.