[dns-operations] contacting the root ops

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Mar 17 21:21:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 05:02:57PM -0400,
 Joe Abley <jabley at hopcount.ca> wrote
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> Where would be a more appropriate place to publish contact
> information for individual root server operators, or for the root
> server system as a whole?

Usually, I suggest not to invent something new before trying hard to
make existing things to work. In that case, most people seem to use
<http://puck.nether.net/netops/> (see the typical thread on NANOG,
"How to contact the NOC of XXX?") and I suggest that root ops put
their contact points there.

And, of course, as Keith said, there is OARC, which has already a
list, so root ops can work on improving it.