[dns-operations] m.root-servers.net failing

Gregory Hicks ghicks at hicks-net.net
Wed Mar 17 19:42:14 UTC 2010

> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:24:07 -0400
> To: dns-operations at mail.dns-oarc.net
> From: Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz>
> Cc: ed.lewis at neustar.biz
> Subject: Re: [dns-operations] m.root-servers.net failing
>

> >This is being discussed at greater length over on dnsop at ietf.org
> >(although dns-oarc would probably have been more appropriate).
>
> More appropriate would be reporting this to the operators of M.
>
> Looking at the (unofficial) http://m.root-servers.org/, I don't see
> instructions on how to contact the operator concerning operational
> issues.  I don't know any other way to find contact information.  Any
> one know how to contact the root operators?

dig soa m.root.servers.net

indicates that it MAY be possible to contact someone at

two at wide.ad.jp

But I could be interpreting the output of dig incorrectly...

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
                                        | Direct:   408.569.7928

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
stand ready to do violence on their behalf -- George Orwell

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  -- Thomas Jefferson