[dns-operations] A DNS and network security forced marriage

Jason Livingood jason_livingood at cable.comcast.com
Mon Mar 15 14:09:18 UTC 2010

I have documented this in a small way in an old draft at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-livingood-dns-redirect-00#section-8.5
Please note that this is due for an update and the malicious domain redirect
content will be in a separate (new) document once this occurs.

You may also find
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-07
informative on the subject.

But before your IT team pushes for something in the core network, don't
ignore client-side protections that could be implemented as a first-step.
Oftentimes, solutions focusing on the core occurs when there is not end user
host admin capability in an ISP network - which I would think would not be
the case in an enterprise network like yours.

Jason