[dns-operations] First Root Zone DNSSEC KSK Ceremony

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Sun Jun 6 23:14:19 UTC 2010

On 2010-06-06, at 17:36, Doug Barton wrote:

> To me, as an unsophisticated observer, . o O (Hmmm, how can I say this diplomatically) your statement above doesn't make any sense. The most transparent option would be to stream the whole thing live, warts and all.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting that we will edit the video before publishing it. It will be published with its full complement of warts, and it will be available for the world to see before the signed root goes live.

We may yet revisit the decision not to stream the event live, but as Brett Frankenberger just described with great eloquence the decision is not quite as simple as you are suggesting.

Joe