[dns-operations] Wacky idea of the week

Jay Daley jay at nzrs.net.nz
Sun Jul 25 23:05:11 UTC 2010

This morning (yes it's morning here) we started to accept IDN registrations and that means we have to go through all sorts of hoops telling the browser manufacturers.  I would much rather we could have just published a policy indicator under .nz that the browsers detected and used IDNs.

I also occasionally have to think about updating the list under publicsuffix.org, which I would prefer not to do and instead to publish a policy under .nz so everyone knows where our registrations and second levels are.

Anyone else think this is worthwhile or will there be a clamour of "you can't use DNS for that!'?

Jay

--
Jay Daley
Chief Executive