[dns-operations] Online DNSSEC debugging tool now availalbe

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Mon Jul 19 22:18:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 05:07:06PM -0400, Joe Abley wrote:

> On 2010-07-19, at 16:42, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
>
> > 	ouch.  that is going to be a mess to clean up.
>
> I can't see it, myself. Anybody who went to the trouble of manually configuring a trust anchor for ORG is going to know how to respond if/when that trust anchor breaks.

	so this would never happen....

	Contractor JoeA is hired to get DNSSEC working for bigORG... JoeA
	finds that the only key for importantTLD is on its website... JoeA
	manually configures the TA and documents what he did...  JoeA finished
	his contract, moved on and a year later, the documentation is lost
	and importantTLD changes the TA on the website.

	Meanwhile, bigORG has hired an new IT manager, DavidC... and he has
	no idea what happend when things stop working.  JoeA is no longer available
	even if he did remember what he did.

	right?  :)

--bill