[dns-operations] Online DNSSEC debugging tool now availalbe

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Mon Jul 19 17:40:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 05:35:36PM +0000, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> > Because .org rolled their key, changed the DS in ., and didn't publish
> > a new TA?
>

> 	sounds irresponsible to me.

Thanks.  You have now illustrated the argument about why it was not
obvious whether to put the DS into the root for .org, given that .org
made their plans about signing &c. long before it was clear that the
root would be signed.

> 	Do you want to hang your corporate success on a third party?

I'm afraid that, if you do business on the Internet using the DNS
today, you already do even if you don't like it.  (As a matter of
historical fact, I would argue that this was always true even before
the Internet.  "He who is unable to live in society, or who has no
need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a
god.")

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.