[dns-operations] Root DNSSEC key attestation

Matt Larson mlarson at verisign.com
Fri Jul 16 13:34:04 UTC 2010

Now that the root zone is signed for real and the trust anchor has
been published, I'd like to go on record with the statement below,
doing my small part to add third-party community trust to the root's
key.  That statement is recorded for posterity on the Ask Mr. DNS web
site at http://www.ask-mrdns.com/misc/root-key-attestation.asc.

At this point, please allow me to insert a shameless plug for the Ask
Mr. DNS podcast, in which my good friend, Cricket Liu, and I answer
DNS questions and talk about things DNS (and things not DNS).

I was fortunate enough to be present when the root key was generated
and I talk about the experience a bit in our latest episode:

http://www.ask-mrdns.com/2010/07/episode-17/

If your reaction to this message is, "That sounds like a great podcast
and I must subscribe immediately!", then I have just the URL for you:

http://www.ask-mrdns.com/feed/rss/

Finally, if you have a question for Mr. DNS to answer, he can always
be reached at mrdns at ask-mrdns.com.

Matt