[dns-operations] Who's sleeping well tonight and who's not?

Joe Abley joe.abley at icann.org
Thu Jul 15 21:22:06 UTC 2010

On 2010-07-15, at 6:41, Wolfgang Nagele <wnagele at ripe.net> wrote:

> Interested parties need to wait for the trust-anchor to be published by IANA
> before starting to validate. It is my understanding that the trust anchor will
> be published once the root-servers have rolled to the correct serial.

We have a series of tests to run against the production root servers now that the zone is published, but once we are comfortable that everything is good the trust anchor will be published at

  http://data.iana.org/root-anchors/
  https://data.iana,org/root-anchors/

signed in the various ways we specified in the trust anchor publication document, which you can still find at <http://www.root-dnssec.org/>.

I think it's great to see TCRs providing additional ways for people to obtain a trusted anchor. Expanding trust in the output of the ceremonies was the fundamental reason to build the ceremonies around respected members of the community. Thank you, Olaf :-)

Joe