[dns-operations] Who's sleeping well tonight and who's not?

Wolfgang Nagele wnagele at ripe.net
Thu Jul 15 13:41:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Is it guaranteed that at t=0 all (any-cast) instances of the root will serve the signed root?
No, root-servers will update to the serial in their regular fashion (this is up
to the individual operator).

Interested parties need to wait for the trust-anchor to be published by IANA
before starting to validate. It is my understanding that the trust anchor will
be published once the root-servers have rolled to the correct serial.

Regards,
Wolfgang