[dns-operations] Who's sleeping well tonight and who's not?

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 15 11:48:44 UTC 2010

On Jul 15 2010, Olaf Kolkman wrote:

>On Jul 14, 2010, at 9:56 PM, Edward Lewis wrote:
>
>> From http://dns.icann.org/:
>>
>> DNSSEC COUNTDOWN
>> DNSSEC Signed ROOT goes production:
>>
>> in 17 hours, 5 minutes, 4 seconds
>> in 17 hours, 5 minutes, 3 seconds
>> in 17 hours, 5 minutes, 2 seconds
>> in 17 hours, 5 minutes, 1 seconds
>> in 17 hours, 5 minutes
>
>Is it guaranteed that at t=0 all (any-cast) instances of the root
>will serve the signed root?

I doubt it. It's saying 5 hours 11 minutes for me at the moment which
suggests it is counting down to 1700 UTC. But

http://www.root-dnssec.org/2010/07/14/status-update-2010-07-14/

says "The transition [...] is scheduled take place on 2010-07-15
within a maintenance window which begins at 1930 UTC and ends
at 2330 UTC".

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,