[dns-operations] OpenDNS adopts DNSCurve

Hauke Lampe lampe at hauke-lampe.de
Thu Feb 25 16:29:21 UTC 2010

Matthew Dempsky wrote:

> An authoritative server can today setup DNSCurve,

I tried.

I gathered all libraries and patches, built them according to
instructions and tried to set it all up. Is there any operational
documentation at all?

I figured the dnscurve-forwarder would be called by udpserver/tcpserver
in a typical daemontools setup. Is that correct?

So far, I only get errors about "permission denied" in epoll.

My binary (Ubuntu Jaunty) packages and debianized sources can be found
here: https://launchpad.net/~hauke/+archive/dnscurve/+packages

If you can shed any light on how to make them work, please let me know.
I really would like to give DNSCurve a try.

I was told repeatedly that DNSCurve was now ready for prime time. No
more vapourware, no more "make work" projects. Authoritative servers can
set it up *today*.

So far, setting up DNSSEC validation and authority was much easier in
comparison, I must admit.

Hauke.