[dns-operations] Obligatory self description email =)

Gilbreath, Jeff jeff.gilbreath at mirant.com
Thu Feb 25 16:27:09 UTC 2010

Hello, I am Jeff Gilbreath a UNIX sysadmin for Mirant Corporation.  http://www.mirant.com/
Mirant Corporation is a Owner/Operator of power plants as well as a commodities trading operation.
Our current environment is split between BIND servers and MSDNS for AD needs.
We currently have 16 BIND 9.4.3-p3 servers and 18 or so MSDNS servers. We are at the beginning of a Unified IPAM/DNS/DHCP project to bring all these servers under one umbrella.
We have a very limited internet presence but a much larger set of internal DNS requirements.

I hope to pick up some tips as well as expand my understanding of DNS issues by being a recipient of the mail list.

Thank You.