[dns-operations] OpenDNS adopts DNSCurve

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Wed Feb 24 15:19:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 03:47:38PM -0800, Matthew Dempsky wrote:

> Sure, dnscurve.org already documents the whole protocol, and I went
> ahead and reformatted it in Internet-Draft format[1] at the request of
> DNSEXT folk, but it garnered minimal feedback.  The draft is set to

Is that a request to consider it a candidate WG submission?

FWIW, I think DNSEXT would be the natural IETF place for such a draft.
That said, if the WG is going to consider it as a work item, you have
to be open to the possibility that the protocol will get adjusted
slightly due to community review.  There are two parts to the IETF
rules: rough consensus _and_ running code.  Running code is super
important, of course, but it's not everything, and if there are
serious objections they'd need to be addressed.  Are you amenable to
that?

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.