[dns-operations] I missed the announcement: .ARPA has beendeleted

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Feb 16 21:25:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:17:51PM +0100,
 Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote
 a message of 17 lines which said:

> The roots receive the full QNAME.  If the QNAME contains multiple
> lables, a Name Error response could still happen if the TLD existed,
> so TLD non-existence cannot be inferred in many cases.

You did not read Crist Clark's message. He is certainly aware of
that. He suggests to use the _SOA_ record in the _AUTHORITY_ section
to find out if the TLD exists or not (and it seems to work).

> Incrementally increasing the label count

Crist Clark never suggested that.