[dns-operations] reverse mapping (was: I missed the announcement: .ARPA has been deleted)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Fri Feb 12 18:50:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 06:41:07PM +0000, Brett Carr wrote:
> Is that reverse dns draft still being discussed in dnsop or did it
> come to something eventually (I haven't had time to read dnsop for
> about 2 years)

This is really a question for the dnsop Chairs, but as the guy on the
end of the pointy stick the last time it came up, the WGLC appears to
have led nowhere.  Even though the draft now says, "Well, do this if
you want, or don't.  And also, maybe you might want to use the data,
except don't expect too much."  I would have figured it was so bland
as to be as inoffensive as possible, but we still had some objectors
(at least one of which was not named Dean), and the Chairs never
reported the document out as a result.  So it died.

If we wish to discuss it more, we should do so on dnsop, I guess.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.