[dns-operations] Outdated RIPE NCC Trust Anchors in Fedora Linux Repositories

João Damas joao at bondis.org
Mon Feb 8 23:34:56 UTC 2010

On 8 Feb 2010, at 13:08, Randy Bush wrote:

>> I will disagree with Randy that DLV provides "authority with no
>> corresponding responsibility." DLV is merely a publishing mechanism
>> where the data is controlled directly by the source
>
> tehn why are there entries in the dlv when the cctld has specifically
> asked them to be removed.

I would say that was mistaken over-eagerness to be helpful.
I have to come to think that was a mistake (that is just my personal opinion, as a user of the system) because it removes the source one step from the system, as the data is scooped from IANA's ITAR. That lead to the issue with the .pr TLD without any fault from .pr's side. Even if the data can be "trusted", as one can trust IANA to have done things properly, the one-step-removed nature of it is not good.

> as i said, authority with no corresponding responsibility

nah, McCarthy is dead.

Joao