[dns-operations] Please contribute data to OARC!

Jay Daley jay at nzrs.net.nz
Fri Feb 5 23:18:16 UTC 2010

On 6/02/2010, at 7:50 AM, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> In its 3rd addenda to its Request for Proposals to Obtain. Operate. Manage. Administer. Maintain and Market the Geographic Top Level Domain .nyc, the DoITT stated:
>
> Contractor shall maintain an active membership in RISG (Registry Internet Security Group) registrysafety.org OARC (DNS Operations, Analysis & Research Center) dns-oarc.org APWG (Ami Phishing Working Group) apwg.org
>
> Passing on the marginal utility of the first and third requirement,

Do you say that from a position of first hand knowledge?  I work extensively in RISG and I don't recall your involvement.  This is not the forum for me to go into the purpose of RISG and why it is both important and effective - but I will say that each group makes it own unique contribution and should be respected for that unless you have a good evidential reason for saying otherwise.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
Chief Executive