[dns-operations] Please contribute data to OARC!

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Fri Feb 5 18:36:50 UTC 2010

bert hubert (bert.hubert) writes:
> And I'm afraid that OARC has contacts & contracts with willing operators,
> but that employees would have a very hard time moving their large, listed,
> corporations to sign up.

Which is a shame. OARC membership should be sufficiently appealing to
a corporation in terms of business advantage / risk management (think:
more robust/reliable DNS infrastructure, up to date picture of current
DNS threats, being at the forefront in observing the measured effects
of DNSSEC deployment, etc...). Of course the key lies in finding advantages
that management will think outweigh the banshee screams and predictions
of doom from the legal department when they hear the words "share data".

So, give the techies something they can use to convince their management
to sign up.

Phil