[dns-operations] New subscribers

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Wed Dec 29 14:36:49 UTC 2010

while i'm concerned that this is really bind-users@ fodder, i'll follow up:

> 1)  If its done, please make sure it can be disabled through the config
> file.

default to on, or default to off?

> 2)  "need to upgrade" will have a different meaning to different people.

if there's a CVE for a some version, does everybody "need to upgrade"?
(i see your point that the mere existence of a later version on the same
release, like you're running 9.17.4 and 9.17.5 comes out) might be of
varying interest, but if there's a CVE, can we presume universal interest?)

> 3)  I think we've all seen software that "phones home" like this go
> haywire if the system to which it phones home goes offline.  Just saying.

would one version check per day be too often?