[dns-operations] New subscribers

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Fri Dec 17 09:54:02 UTC 2010

I'm Anand, DNS Services Manager at the RIPE NCC. I started as a sysadmin
with an ISP in Kenya, doing all kinds of things. Initially I was just a
regular user of DNS using BIND. Then I began to use djbdns, and
developed a greater interest in DNS, and have been involved in DNS since
2006 when I joined the RIPE NCC.

We run reverse DNS servers for our zones as well as those of some of the
other RIRs (AS 197000), K-root (AS 25152), the ENUM zone, an instance of
AS112 and secondary DNS servers for several developing ccTLDs. We were
also one of the first ones to deploy DNSSEC, and have been signing our
zones since 2005.

Finally, the RIPE NCC also provides the DNSMON service, a distributed
DNS monitoring system. My colleague Mark Dranse is responsible for that.

Some of my colleagues are also on this list, and you may have
occasionally seen email messages from Andrei Robachevsky, Daniel
Karrenberg and Wolfgang Nagele. Some more colleagues just follow the
list quietly.

Regards,

Anand Buddhdev