[dns-operations] DNS Traffic Archive Protocol

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Mon Dec 6 13:58:46 UTC 2010

Dobbins, Roland (rdobbins) writes:

> On Dec 6, 2010, at 6:49 PM, Miek Gieben wrote:
>
> > nice idea, but I'm missing the rationale *why*:
>
> Same, here - storage is cheap.

	The rationale was not only about storage space, but also about
	processing time. The author mentioned that he would look more closely
	at nmsg.  Once he's done that and returned to the list, the question
	will be whether the performance benefit outweighs having yet another
	storage format, one targeted to one protocol only, or if more work
	should be done to at least accomodate other message formats, or if
	the effort is misplaced.

	Cheers,
	Phil