[dns-operations] 50gbps DDoS against DNSMadeEasy?

David Ulevitch david at ulevitch.com
Sat Aug 7 19:17:24 UTC 2010

Hi DNS Operators,

DNSMadeEasy got DDoS'd last night (and into this morning).  According
to their twitter it's over 50gbps and mitigation is being widely
coordinated...

"Update.... Over 50 Gbps... we think. Since core Tier1 routers are
being flooded in multiple cities....."
From: http://twitter.com/DNSMadeEasy/status/20558163796

"Trying to organize emergency meeting with all Tier1 providers. We
probably have over 50 senior network admins looking into this."
From: http://twitter.com/DNSMadeEasy/status/20560517589

Does anyone have any information about this attack?  The size? payload? Sources?

I'm pretty sure I could not handle a 50gbps attack under any
circumstances today.  Are people seeing attacks that large?

Thanks,
David