[dns-operations] Blackhole IANA question

William F. Maton Sotomayor wmaton at ryouko.imsb.nrc.ca
Thu Aug 5 13:32:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Alberto García Moyano wrote:

> we are sending inverse queries to these blackhole servers:
>
> "blackhole-1.iana.org" and "blackhole-2.iana.org",

Definitely need a traceroute to these from where you are.  Perhaps the
operator of that AS112 instance doesn't realize their DNS server is down,
but they are still announcing the routes.  Alternatively, they could be
blackholing the traffic, which is another matter entirely.

But traceroutes are a good start please.

wfms