[dns-operations] Diffing tools for zones?

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Mon Aug 2 20:32:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 12:09:19PM -0700, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Greetings. I used to be able to do a reasonably sane check for changed between two versions of the root zone with 'diff'. Now that the root is signed, that all goes to hell.

if that's hell, then there's hope. The new (sorted) format with one full RR per
line is a bit easier to deal with even. All I changed to my regular
diff script was adding a "grep -v 'IN\tRRSIG'".
"ldns-compare-zones" is of help, too.

-Peter

PS: Anybody interested in an (OARC provided) regular "root diff" mailing
    list?