[dns-operations] DNSSEC Deployment in ARPA Children

Dave Knight dave at knig.ht
Thu Apr 29 23:07:17 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-28, at 12:41 PM, Joe Abley wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> ICANN plans to begin a test deployment of DNSSEC in various zones starting on 2010-04-29:
>
> IN-ADDR-SERVERS.ARPA
> IP6.ARPA
> IP6-SERVERS.ARPA
> IRIS.ARPA
> URI.ARPA
> URN.ARPA
>
> These zones will be signed using RSASHA256 and NSEC with 2048-bit KSKs and 1024-bit ZSKs.

The maintenance is complete, all of the zones are now DNSSEC signed.

We expect to include trust anchors for these zones following a testing period of around two weeks, given no observed or reported harmful effects.

If you observe any issues, or have any concerns please let us know at <ticket at dns.icann.org>.

Kind regards,

Dave Knight
Senior DNS Engineer, ICANN