[dns-operations] (Unvalidatable)ZSK rollover on the root zone has started

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 11 21:59:11 UTC 2010

On Mar 22 2010, I wrote:

>I see that the DURZ servers ([ailm].root-servers.net) are now giving two
>ZSKs for the root zone, the one with key id 23763 used for signing and
>the new one with key id 55138 being "pre-published". I take it this starts
>the 10-day period with actual rollover due on 2010-04-01.

The (unvalidatable)ZSK rollover has completed - the old ZSK with id 23763 is
no longer "post-published" - and an (unvalidatable)KSK rollover has started,
with the old KSK (id=19324) signing the DNSKEY RRset and the new KSK (id=1112)
"pre-published". (Just in time for next Wednesday's distribution of the DURZ
to all the *.root-servers.net operators except J.)

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,