[dns-operations] bind issue- file descriptor exceeds limit

Mika Paananen paanami at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 11:55:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a solution for the folowing problem. We are
running bind-9.4.3-P3 and once in a while logs say:

> general: error: socket: file descriptor exceeds limit (1024/1024)

However our server (red hat) ulimit is 2048 (ulimit -n).
During the problem situation statistics say that the amount of recursive
clients is ~500.

Is the problem with compiling or could this be resolved by configuration?
I did not found earlier posts on this issue, but is so could you please
point me a place where to dig.

Thank you advanced
Mika