[dns-operations] GSLB options?

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Wed Oct 28 21:01:30 UTC 2009

> From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at arbor.net>
> Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:02:36 +0700
>
> > [1] - Yes, I know GSLB doesn't work, I've read all those documents,
> > this is not the thread you are looking for :)
>
> It works quite well, if implemented properly, as you indicate.

can you define what you mean by "quite well" here?  i know that nobody ever
got fired for buying it, and some folks got fired for not buying it.  but
it doesn't rule out the need for at least one well connected high capacity
server, and once you have that server, what problems do you still have, that
are amenable to DNS-based GSLB ("stupid DNS tricks"), where the cost of
having those problems is higher than the cost of solving them?