[dns-operations] DNSSEC and qmail

George Barwood george.barwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 11:28:54 UTC 2009

Tony,

This is one of my hobby-horses.

I think the DNSSEC spec is ill-advised on this point., see point 7 of

http://www.george-barwood.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DnsServer/NotesOnDNS_Standard.htm

Operators should at the very least be warned about this nasty side-effect of signing their zones,
and maybe given an option to disable this behavior.

It's the first confirmation of this long-predicted inter-operability problem I have seen,
up to now it has (AFAIK) been theoretical.

George