[dns-operations] Question to DNSSEC and DLV policy

Michael Monnerie michael.monnerie at is.it-management.at
Fri Mar 20 11:00:50 UTC 2009

On Donnerstag 19 März 2009 Ralf Weber wrote:
> If I use coltnet.se, people who configure
> ..se manually, as well as ITAR users, as well as DLV users can
> validate my records. The audience is bigger. I do understand however
> that there are valid reasons to secure domains in TLD space that has
> not been secured.

I see. ATM, it's not really a reasonable decision to use DNSSEC, despite
just being cool. Almost no resolver uses it, and end users I guess have
no benefit (there was a discussion once on this list whether firefox
acts differently on DNSSEC or not). So for the "fun" of testing, DLV
would be enough for me right now. And we can say "hey, we have DNSSEC,
others don't". But people won't care anyway ;-)

Thanks for your clarification. Have a nice weekend.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net                  Key-ID: 1C1209B4