[dns-operations] Problems resolving .gov using DLV

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 18 13:04:06 UTC 2009

On Mar 17 2009, Edward Lewis wrote:

>So, this begs the question:  Did ISC add the dotGOV key via an
>un-authorized (as in non-authoritative) request?
>
>I'm assuming that Chris isn't an authorized official with respect to .gov.

No, I am not actually authorised to speak on behalf of foreign governments :-)
(if only ...)

>Or perhaps there was an official request that wasn't aired publicly.

I was actually trying to ensure that the statement in my description
for our local staff trial

  http://people.pwf.cam.ac.uk/cet1/dnssec-staff-test.html

that "Both of these" (i.e. including dlv.isc.org) "now contain all the
TLDs in the IANA's Interim Trust Anchor Repository" was still true, given
that ISC personnel had previously indicated on various mailing lists that
they were now merging the ITAR into dlv.isc.org (semi-)automatically.

Which I don't see why they shouldn't, given the terms of use of the ITAR.
Operational issues aside, of course ... :-(

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,