[dns-operations] Any godaddy dns admins?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Wed Mar 4 16:22:45 UTC 2009

Ray Corbin wrote:
[..]
> When I do NSLOOKUP’s on the SOA servers they often fail:

When debugging DNS issues, *ALWAYS* use "dig".

Do not use 'nslookup' or 'host' as they do not provide detailed
things happen, tcpdump/wireshark is of course also your friend.

I can resolve [{www|itq|ads}.]traffiq.com perfectly fine from the
authoritive DNS servers ns{09|10}.domaincontrol.com as listed in whois
and as coming from a 'dig +trace traffiq.com'.

Also, as you added an SPF record which is quite long, maybe the answer
for some queries is a bit too long and it breaks due to EDNS0 failures.

I suggest that you look inside your local network if there are any
issues there. Maybe you have UDP packet loss or a firewall somewhere
dropping packets.

Greets,
 Jeroen