[dns-operations] Key management and computer "mere mortals" (was: .Org DNSSEC key management policy feedback)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Thu Jun 25 15:34:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 06:45:49PM +1200, Joe Abley wrote:

> Perhaps EPP is suitable there too, but that's not what it was designed
> for (what it is typically used for today).

Actually, EPP was designed to be a generic provisioning protocol
(that's why it's the Extensible Provisioning Protocol).  So it could
be used for this.

As Patrik F. says elsewhere, though, we also need to disambiguate the
difference between DNS operator and registrant.  It's the former that
we really need to have talking to the registrar.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.