[dns-operations] DNS trust dependencies for TLDs

Antoin Verschuren Antoin.Verschuren at sidn.nl
Fri Jun 12 12:43:21 UTC 2009

And this is exactly nu point.
The trust relationships may be there for al reason.
I would like to argue that al small dependancy graph is the bad thing,
not a large one.

We have outsourced nameservers because we deliberately want a large
dependancy. Be it for governance reasons or something I call
operational redundancy. Every operator , yes, also the TLD, can make a
mistake, or have a social engineering vunarability, and spreading out
over multiple operators reduces that risk.

So I think the error you make is that it is a chain of TRUSTED
relationships, not untrusted thirth parties. They are chosen
delibirately.

Antoin

Sent from my iPhone