[dns-operations] DNS trust dependencies for TLDs

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Jun 11 07:46:44 UTC 2009

> > There are other dependencies, such as the routing infrastructure.
>
> Probably the biggest one. And, here, even DNSSEC cannot help. I seize
> the opportunity to promote the use of the excellent BGP monitor BGPmon
> <http://www.bgpmon.net/>. With it, you are still 0wNEd but at least
> you know it :-)

It should also be pointed out that some ccTLDs have considered this,
among several other problems. I am personally somewhat involved in the
.no ccTLD, and I know that other issues which have been considered are

- Geographical distribution of name servers
- AS-level distribution of name servers
- Operating system and name server software diversity

In short - the "trust dependency" issue is just one of several, and not
necessarily the most important one.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no