[dns-operations] "Comcast Intercepts and Redirects Port 53 Traffic" (slashdot)

Matthew Dempsky matthew at dempsky.org
Wed Jun 10 03:23:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Mark Boolootian<booloo at ucsc.edu> wrote:
> As near as I can tell, both you and Matthew are using comcast
> nameservers.  The complaint was about using nameservers external to
> comcast.

As a followup then, I just sent 50 standard DNS query packets and 50
DNSCurve encrypted packets (streamlined format, even) from my laptop
on my home network to the x.dempsky.org name server.  All 100 packets
arrived from the same source IP address as I see at
http://whatismyip.com, and I received all 100 responses correctly.

Either Comcast has broken my DNSCurve public key or they're not
tampering with DNS traffic. :)