[dns-operations] When TLDs have apex A records

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Jul 10 16:37:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 09:01:12AM -0700, David Conrad wrote:

> In any event, ICANN's board reacts to input.  I believe the board has
> gotten advice that there was pretty much unanimity within the
> technical community that wildcards at the top-level were a bad idea
> and should not be allowed.  They acted to implement that advice.  If
> there is contrary advice that should be provided to modify the board's
> action, that would be good to know.

	I've given my inputs to four board members - two of which
	have some empathy for the plight of those now caught inthe
	rather draconion edict of wildcard prohibition.

	on many levels this strikes me as the functional analog of the
	Kentucky Legislature mandating PI == 3.2

	are you suggesting that the process of climbing out of the inertial
	well of getting something corrected is a trival exercise?

--bill