[dns-operations] When TLDs have apex A records

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 6 09:40:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 07:29:52AM +0900,
 Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote
 a message of 18 lines which said:

> i think we have a good demonstration that no new gtlds are actually
> needed.

Needed, may be not. But, if some people want them (and they probably
do, if they are eager to spend 185,000 US $ just to send the file),
what's wrong with it? 99.999 % of domains in .COM are useless as well
and we don't ask Verisign to shut the doors... (Outside of the DNS,
you can find many other examples. "99.999 % of Web pages are useless,
we should create a bureaucracy of the Web to artificially limit new
creations".)