[dns-operations] DDoS attack data collection

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Jan 30 13:43:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:47:04AM +0000,
 Duane Wessels <wessels at dns-oarc.net> wrote
 a message of 10 lines which said:

> OARC is cooardinating collection of data that could help security
> researchers better understand this attack.  If you are willing to
> help out by sending us some packet captures,

This is certainly a good idea but I want to remind people that they
can also send traces (if they feel they can be distributed publically)
to packet-trace gathering facilities ("Flickr for packets") like:

http://www.pcapr.net/
https://www.openpacket.org/