[dns-operations] i've got a conflict of interest, can a non-implementor answer this?

Paul Lustgraaf grpjl at iastate.edu
Wed Jan 14 14:06:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Paul Vixie <vixie at isc.org> wrote:
> anything i might say would be seen as self serving, so i hope that others
> here who are not DNS implementors will add professionally worded comments
> to this article explaining your views about the need for critical
> infrastructure to have some open source mixed into it.

In my 36 years in the industry, it has been my experience that open source
products have consistently been more reliable and more secure than
proprietary products.  Anyone claiming otherwise has the burden of
proof placed squarely on their shoulders.  Extraordinary claims require
extraordinary proof.

Paul Lustgraaf                   "Change is inevitable.  Progress is not."
Network Engineer
Iowa State University Information Technology Services    grpjl at iastate.edu
Ames, IA  50011                                               515-294-0324