[dns-operations] Interim Trust Anchor Repository

Kim Davies kim.davies at icann.org
Tue Feb 24 17:11:24 UTC 2009

Hi Stephane,

The details of the PGP key used are explained on the front page of the ITAR web site. In essence, the key being used is a temporary key that we have planned to replace once the service is put in production, so it didn't seem like the best idea to list it on key servers, etc. This assumption was based on the idea of doing hardening along the lines of offline signing of the registry in the future. Given the uptake of the service we should probably re-evaluate this approach.

Kim

On 2/24/09 3:07 AM, "Stephane Bortzmeyer" <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 03:39:50PM -0800,
 Kim Davies <kim.davies at icann.org> wrote
 a message of 15 lines which said:

> The first iteration of the Interim Trust Anchor Repository maintained by
> ICANN has been publicly announced today. You can find it online at
>
>   https://itar.iana.org/

I cannot find the PGP key used to sign it
<https://itar.iana.org/anchors/anchors.mf.sig>:

% gpg --recv-key 81D464F4
gpg: requesting key 81D464F4 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpgkeys: key 81D464F4 not found on keyserver

Is it somewhere under <http://www.icann.org/en/general/pgp-keys.htm>?