[dns-operations] Root zone DNSSEC deployment web site and technical status update

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Wed Dec 16 13:37:42 UTC 2009

On 2009-12-16, at 12:38, Rickard Dahlstrand wrote:

> 16 dec 2009 kl. 13.22 skrev Olaf Kolkman:
>
>> On Dec 15, 2009, at 11:47 PM, Matt Larson wrote:
>>

>>> PLANNED DEPLOYMENT SCHEDULE
>>>
>>> 2009-12-01: KSR exchange, root zone signing begins, internal to
>>> VeriSign and ICANN; generation of DURZ
>>>
>>> Week of 2010-01-11: L starts to serve DURZ
>>>
>>> Week of 2010-02-08: A starts to serve DURZ
>>>
>>> Week of 2010-03-01: M, I start to serve DURZ
>>>
>>> Week of 2010-03-22: D, K, E start to serve DURZ
>>>
>>> Week of 2010-04-12: B, H, C, G, F start to serve DURZ
>>>
>>> Week of 2010-05-03: J starts to serve DURZ
>>>
>>> 2010-07-01: Distribution of validatable, production, signed root zone;
>>> publication of root zone trust anchor.
>>
>> There is no mention on when secure delegations will actually be made. Can something be said about that?
>
> I would also like to know this and more details on how DS-records can be submitted.

I believe the plan is that IANA staff at ICANN will start accepting DS records for inclusion in the root zone a month or so before 1 July 2010, but I am not the authority on such things and hence this is not a good answer.

I'll forward the question to rootsign at icann.org, the address intended to be used for feedback, so that the right people see it.

Our intention is to make regular status updates such as the one you are commenting on, and that those status messages will be one place where formal answers to questions such as yours can be found.

Joe